Meeting of Defence Ministers: New Structure ApprovedSzöveg: kormany.hu | 2011. június 11. 8:57
At their two-day meeting in Brussels, Defence Ministers of NATO member states agreed on continuing operation Unified Protector to protect the people of Libya as well as implementing a considered handover of security in Afghanistan and the reform of agency and command structures in NATO. The Ministers reaffirmed that the current economic difficulties necessitate a new approach which enables the member countries to generate and maintain military capabilities cost-effectively in a multinational framework.
Defence Minister Dr. Csaba Hende said that Hungary is not directly affected by the transformation, so during the talks he stressed the need for developing a more efficient command structure for NATO’s functioning and core missions.
He added that in the course of the just approved agency reform, the NATO Airlift Management Agency (NAMA) – which is responsible for the Hungary-based SAC C-17 fleet – would be integrated into another agency, but this would not be a disadvantage to our country. The NATO policy on cyber defense was also approved at the meeting. As Dr. Csaba Hende said, the Alliance adopts a pro-active approach in this field to protect its information systems against cyber threats, with a view to maintaining and restoring the operability of the attacked systems in case of network intrusions.
In the presence of their counterparts from the (non-NATO) ISAF partner countries, the Defence Ministers concluded that the NATO-led ISAF’s phased handover of security to the Afghan National Army (ANA) is going according to schedule. At the same time, they agreed that they are not heading for the exit.
Dr. Csaba Hende added that the handover of security is not about ISAF’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, but rather about the ways of transforming the international presence in the country and the handover of specific areas of responsibility. The Defence Minister told us that the tasks of the strongest Hungarian contingent in Afghanistan will not change for the time being, because the transition to Afghan lead in Baghlan Province is the issue of the coming years.
- Újjáéledt hagyományok 2022. júl. 5.
- Sikeres évzárás és újabb ötven kadét Ajkán 2022. júl. 5.
- Stoltenberg: minél előbb ratifikálni kell Finnország és Svédország csatlakozását a NATO-hoz 2022. júl. 5.
- Katonai meteorológia 2022. júl. 5.
- Kutató-mentő képzés a szolnoki helikopterbázison 2022. júl. 5.
- Tovább maradnak hadrendben a dán F-16-osok 2022. júl. 5.
- Felderítők, kadétok és békefenntartók 2022. júl. 5.
- Harcászati foglalkozások a Tábori kihelyezési hét keretében 2022. júl. 5.
- Hazánk büszke, megbecsült és elismert tagja a NATO-nak 2022. júl. 4.
- Zarándoklat Horvátzsidányban 2022. júl. 4.