NATO will defend every Ally, NATO Secretary General stresses in PolandSzöveg: honvedelem.hu / nato.int | 2014. október 9. 9:00
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg stressed that NATO would defend every Ally on a visit to Poland on Monday (6 October 2014). “NATO’s most important task is to protect and defend our nations against attack. We will defend our Allies, all Allies”, Mr Stoltenberg said after meetings with Polish President Bronisław Komorowski and Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz in Warsaw.
International security challenges including Russia’s aggressive actions in Ukraine, progress in implementing the decisions taken at the NATO Summit in Wales, and preparations for the 2016 Summit in Poland were the main themes during the talks. The Secretary General expressed his commitment to implementing the Wales Summit decisions in full. He stressed that the steps being taken by NATO to reinforce collective defence are fully in line with NATO’s international commitments.
Mr Stoltenberg praised Poland for its significant contribution to the Alliance’s operations and its commitment to strong defence: “Polish troops serve with great distinction in Afghanistan, and in Kosovo. You are a key contributor to our Missile Defence system. Soon, Poland will spend 2% of its Gross Domestic Product on defence. And you are making the right decisions to invest in new equipment and capabilities".
Mr Stoltenberg also held talks with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Tomasz Siemoniak, and Minister of Foreign Affairs Grzegorz Schetyna, before heading to Łask Air Base to meet with air force personnel from Poland and other Allied countries. The visit to Poland is NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg’s first official country visit since taking up his post as earlier this month.
- NATO medál a kiemelkedő helytállásért 2023. márc. 25.
- Amerikai légicsapás Szíriában 2023. márc. 25.
- Újabb, az eddigi legnagyobb hadgyakorlatára készül Dél-Korea és az Egyesült Államok 2023. márc. 25.
- Katonai meteorológia 2023. márc. 25.
- Szintidőn belül teljesítve 2023. márc. 25.
- Király(i) koncert! 2023. márc. 25.
- Bajnokok a betegekért 2023. márc. 25.
- Przemysl hős védőire emlékeztek 2023. márc. 25.
- Több bevethető katonára van szükség 2023. márc. 24.
- Amerikai romboló kínai felségvizeken? 2023. márc. 24.