Hungarian Successes in the Dancon MarchSzöveg: Communications Officer of the 20th rotation of KFOR-20 HUNCON | 2019. július 25. 9:19
The Hungarian peacekeeping soldiers stationing in the Kosovo area of operation (AO) also participated in the route march named “Dancon March” held at the end of July.
The Dancon March was organised in 1972 for the first time in Cyprus by the soldiers of the Danish Army. The 25-kilometre route designated among the mountains had to be covered in under six hours. Since then, Dancon March is organized in all areas of operations, where Danish troops are deployed, for example in Cyprus, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and in Afghanistan. The “performance tour" was organised in August 1999, for the first time in Kosovo.
Close to forty Hungarian soldiers took part in the march regarded as uncommon owing to the hot weather. The twenty-five-kilometre route starting from Camp Novo Selo and leading through the surrounding hills had to be covered with an extra weight of at least ten kilograms wearing uniforms and boots. The entrants successfully completing the designated distance in under the given time limit received a “Dancon March" medal and a certificate.
Three soldiers of the HDF 5TH Bocskai István Infantry Brigade from among the 600 participants excelled with their performance. Lance Corporal Andrea Filipinyi – who participated in the sixth Dancon March including this – confidently won the women’s category. First Lieutenant Csaba Búz finished third in the men’s category. Also, Lance Corporal Leon Törteli’s performance was outstanding, who undertook a special test of strength, and completed the route carrying a 56-kilogram weight – his backpack and his machine gun.
The entry for the march took place on a voluntary basis. The organisers use the remaining amount of the participation fees to support two schools in Kosovo and also the Danish veterans and their families.
Photos of the author and the Danish Contingent
- Megtörik a dermesztő, halálos csendet 2022. nov. 26.
- Űrrepülései előtt a Csendes-óceán felett harcolt a japánok ellen John Glenn 2022. nov. 26.
- Alakulatnap: a rend és fegyelem fenntartásának eszköze 2022. nov. 25.
- Készülés a minősítő gyakorlatra 2022. nov. 25.
- Több tucat iszlamista terroristát öltek meg Szomáliában 2022. nov. 25.
- További F-16-osokat rendelhet Bulgária 2022. nov. 25.
- Budapesten fogadták a Koszovóból hazaérkező katonákat 2022. nov. 25.
- Új szintre léphet a kajak-kenu Magyarországon 2022. nov. 25.
- A Gulag szó, a rettenet, a szenvedés és a nyomor szinonimája 2022. nov. 25.
- Németország 2023 nyarától kivonja csapatait Maliból 2022. nov. 25.