Commander’s Visit to the BalticsSzöveg: 1st Lieutenant Róbert Tóth | 2019. július 17. 9:38
Lieutenant General Ferenc Korom, the Commander of the Hungarian Defence Forces paid a visit to the Hungarian Defence Forces Baltic Air Policing Quick Reaction Alert Detachment (MH BAP FLKA) at the Šiauliai Air Base, Lithuania. The delegation, whose member was Brigadier General Nándor Kilián, the Inspector of the Air Force – was received by Brigadier General Csaba Ugrik, the Commander of the MH BAP FLKA.
The visit began with the report of the Hungarian Contingent’s Commander and his detailed technical briefing, where Brigadier General Ugrik described the tasks of the Baltic Air Policing Mission, the organisational structure, the details of the real life alerts so far, and the engagements based on the co-operation with the NATO forces stationing in the region.
In what follows the superiors inspected the MH BAP FLKA service premises, then paid a courtesy visit to the Commander of the Lithuanian Air Force.
The first day of the visit was closed with a staff meeting, where Lieutenant Ferenc Korom outlined the further developments scheduled in the framework of the Zrínyi 2026 National Defence and Armed Forces Development Program, and highlighted the importance of the Baltic Air Policing mission. He praised and thanked the personnel for their professional work, which is truly reflected in the international feedbacks, and thus enhances the reputation of the Hungarian Defence Forces. As recognition of the outstanding work of the MH BAP FLKA, the Commander of the Hungarian Defence Forces awarded a memorial plaque to Brigadier General Csaba Ugrik. As a reward for his preparedness, and for his technical work done to maintain aviation safety and to prevent flight incidents, Captain Zoltán Veisengruber, aircraft operating officer received an honorary certificate.
On the second day, the members of the delegation viewed the entire process of the “Tango" scramble, and in an engineering lecture they learned about the details of the operation and the current situation of the JAS-39 Gripen fighters, then a professional discussion took place with the flight personnel.
As a summary of the visit, Lieutenant General Korom expressed his satisfaction with the task-execution of the MH BAP FLKA so far, and as he said: he expects the same discipline and high-level precise professional work from the personnel in the future, too.
Photos of 1st Lieutenant Attila Harmath and the author
- Pokolgép robbant egy rendőröket szállító busz közelében 2023. jan. 31.
- Gyakorlat közben véletlenül Észak-Korea irányába adott le lövéseket egy dél-koreai katona 2023. jan. 31.
- A Magyar Honvédség digitális transzformációt hajt végre 2023. jan. 31.
- Számos szélsőségessel végzett a szomáliai hadsereg 2023. jan. 31.
- A doni hősökre emlékeztek Nagykovácsiban 2023. jan. 31.
- Görgey Artúr születésének 205. évfordulójára emlékeztek Szentendrén 2023. jan. 31.
- Katonai meteorológia 2023. jan. 31.
- Ismét közös futáson a bocskaisok 2023. jan. 31.
- Újra Kinizsi Közelharc Kupa Szentendrén 2023. jan. 31.
- Gőz Roland először a World Tour sorozat dobogóján 2023. jan. 31.