Co-operation in a Disaster SituationSzöveg: László Szűcs | 2018. április 30. 7:24
More than two hundred Hungarian soldiers participated KFOR’s this year’s first high visibility exercise Silver Sabre 2018. The Pristina airport and the Kosovo Security Force (KSF), i.e. the Pomozatin camp hosted the spectacular training exercise.
A very strong earth-quake measuring 6.2 degrees on the Richter scale hit Kosovo, in consequence of which several buildings collapsed, and half of the country’s electricity supply infrastructure was destroyed. The NATO States and other states immediately started to send relief supplies to Kosovo, but the distribution of the supplies is interrupted, and this leads to a severe series of demonstrations, and besides the security forces of Kosovo, the international missions operating in the country were assigned the task to end this.
“The high visibility series of exercises had not only training-related, but also some strategic objectives. Among the latter I wish to emphasize the demonstration of our operational capabilities in a disaster situation to the population and to the local decision-makers" – said KFOR Deputy Commander Brigadier General János Csombók, the director of the exercise answering our question. He added: some 1000 soldiers, policemen, civil employees, as well as two hundred vehicles – among them six KFOR helicopters – participated in the exercise. “It was for the first time this year that we managed to involve all the organisations present in the country, deployable for such tasks, and they could demonstrate their capabilities" – pointed out the general.
Following the demonstration Brigadier General János Csombók considered the exercise as “very successful". He noted: KFOR, composed of 20 NATO Member States and 8 Partner Nations, has demonstrated that it can successfully co-operate with the local security and disaster management forces.
Photos by the author
- Megtörik a dermesztő, halálos csendet 2022. nov. 26.
- Űrrepülései előtt a Csendes-óceán felett harcolt a japánok ellen John Glenn 2022. nov. 26.
- Alakulatnap: a rend és fegyelem fenntartásának eszköze 2022. nov. 25.
- Készülés a minősítő gyakorlatra 2022. nov. 25.
- Több tucat iszlamista terroristát öltek meg Szomáliában 2022. nov. 25.
- További F-16-osokat rendelhet Bulgária 2022. nov. 25.
- Budapesten fogadták a Koszovóból hazaérkező katonákat 2022. nov. 25.
- Új szintre léphet a kajak-kenu Magyarországon 2022. nov. 25.
- A Gulag szó, a rettenet, a szenvedés és a nyomor szinonimája 2022. nov. 25.
- Németország 2023 nyarától kivonja csapatait Maliból 2022. nov. 25.